State Poster Contest Information:
Sponsored by the Indiana District Employees Association and local SWCDs
1. Posters are to have a 2018 Poster Contest Entry Form on the back of the poster
and no identifying information on the front.
2. Posters must have the correct title of Watersheds: Our Water, Our Home
3. Posters are to be received at the IASWCD Office at
225 S East Street, Ste. 740, Indianapolis, IN 46202 by June 8, 2018
4. Posters become the property of the committee but all efforts will be made to return posters to students.
5. There will be five divisions judged by grades: K-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.
6. Posters will be judged on: conservation message, 50%; visual effectiveness,
30%; originality, 10% and universal appeal, 10%.
7. An alphabet letter will be put on the front of posters for identification purpose for judging.
8. The poster receiving the most points in each of the five divisions will receive a cash award of $100 from the Indiana Districts Employees Associations. Points will be given on a scale of 1 to 10.
9. In case of a tie the poster given the highest number of 10s, 9s on down will be the winner.
10. The winning posters in each division will be sent to the National Association of Conservation Districts (NACD) national poster contest judging. The winning posters are due by December ____, 2018 for the national judging contest.
11. National winners will be showcased at the NACD annual meeting. National winners will be announced mid-March.
For additional information contact:
Eric Shideler, Vermillion County SWCD, or 765-492-3705
Julie Duttlinger, Lake County SWCD, or 219-663-7042
Judi Brown, Dubois County SWCD, or 812-482-1171 x 131